View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLivre View Post
Hi Kovid, love Calibre. Thank you very much for all your work. I am positive this procedure is covered somewhere, but can't find it in Wiki or help etc. I am trying to copy the contents of a standard Calibre column to my custom column. You just mentioned above that it can be done via the search replace tab of the bulk edit dialog, but there I am stuck. How to refer to a fieldname? For example, I want to copy the contents of "comments" (very short string) to my custom field #length. If you could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
REGEX mode
source field:comments
source pattern: (.+)
destination field: <select from pulldown list>
Destination Value: \1

That said. comments is a blob type field and can get huge. Use care
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote