View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Amazon Kindle Cover vs. Igadgitz Cover

When I ordered my Kindle Paperwhite I also ordered the Amazon cover. I liked it for it's minimalist nature. No belts, no snaps, no buttons, just a molded plastic case to slip the Paperwhite into and a magnetic clasp to hold the cover close. I really liked the megnetic on/off feature. What's not to like? The cost. $40 for a cover is a bit steep, in my opinion.

Then I saw the Igadgitz cover.
http://www.igadgitz.com/products/fin...l#.UaoAg0DVB3A

It is almost the polar opposite of the Amazon cover. I ordered one as a possible present for my sister. It has a strap for your hand when you're holding it to read and she insists on that. It also has a magnetic on/off switch. It's full of straps and snaps and velcro and thingies. It is the opposite of minimalist and amazingly one of the features I thought I'd never use has become my favorite. It has a little stand that pops out and holds your Kindle at a good reading angle on a table. I just returned from my usual Sunday afternoon brunch and my Kindle sat happily on the table with me changing pages flawlessly with a stylus while I ate. It was great and my Kindle can sit a bit farther away so I get less sauce on the screen.

Two other comments. It is PU leather which is leather, sort off. You can look it up with Google but it's a really, really thin slice of leather on a polyurethane backing. It has some appearance of leather but that's all. And, it appears to be reasonable durable.

It was from Great Britain, cost me a little less than $15 USD and arrived at my home in Mexico two weeks after I ordered it. For me, $15 versus $40 is significant.

Last edited by patrickt; 06-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote