View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab6 View Post
I am looking for a way to transfer ebooks between a Kindle Paperwhite and an SD card, using USB cables and a minimum of other hardware. My library is expected to run to about 4000 books, and I want them all local. The linking hardware must be powered by rechargeable batteries, but it should be less power-hungry than a laptop. (I'll buy a laptop to solve this problem, if necessary, but there ought to be a battery-operated device that will do these transfers with a lower power requirement.) The best solution would be for Amazon to create and sell its own brand of expanded storage media for the Kindle Paperwhite. I'd buy one. I don't want to jailbreak my Kindle, but I will if I have to, in order to get the ability to increase the storage with SD cards.
The cheapest that comes to mind is a netbook. Around $200-$300.
4000 is alot of books I don't think you get them all on your PW which only has 1.2GB of storage. You do get 5GB of Cloud though you can store books on.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote