View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
uploading books to kindle cloud collections

I have just purchased a Kindle Paperwhite 4 as a replacement for a Kindle Touch 2 that I lost a few weeks ago. I have jailbroken the PW4 and am now running customer firmware 5.10.1.3 as recommended by several other Kindle developer's forum users.

It appears that this firmware unlike the older release I was running on the KT2 has access to Kindle cloud collections, which it appears to have created from my collection on the KT2. Most of these collections are empty as I had sideloaded their contents to the KT2.

I have been trying to determine my options to upload my contents to the Kindle cloud collections, but don't seem to see an easy way to do so. There appear to be tools for Windows and android but not linux to upload books, but I am not sure if they permit uploading directly to a cloud collection.

It appears that I can upload from Calibre to the cloud via email, but once again can this be directed to a cloud collection or only to a device? If not, I guess I will need to either sideload books again or email them and then add them to the collections on the PW4.

I also just attempted to email some of my sideloaded books to my PW4 and received an error email for each one. These are all azw3 files, so I am puzzled by this. I guess I will contact Amazon and see what they have to say.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote