View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #73
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
As for me, like many/most opensource developers I pick projects that "scratch my own itch" (so to speak). Sigil is in fact something I do in my free time that also helps keep my C++, C, python, html, and javascript programming skills sharp.

I, like DiapDealer, will attempt to satisfy other user's needs if they are both "doable" and would help in general (based on my personal opinion).

That said, some users vociferously complain about any change at all and seem to feel they have a right to be vocal with their complaints and push to get what they want. Even if it doesn't make good sense technically. I don't think you are part of that group, but, of course, I could be wrong.

What I have learned is that "say" in most open source projects is actually based on a user's ability and desire to help out with testing, bug reporting, translating, documentation writing, plugin development, and helping other users, etc. When people who help out ask for features, we are simply more inclined to agree.

And Sigil is not unique in this. I would guess these types of policies are followed by most open source projects that are not company funded.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-20-2019 at 04:56 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote