View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #166
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatGIV View Post
@ rcentros: Well, after playing w/it for a couple of hours have decided to return to sender for refund. It locks up sporadically, then to get it back, have to press reset, then the power button for a reboot. Then everything works fine until the next time. First experience w/mercari not so good but will give them another shot in the future. FYI.
Sorry to hear that. I keep giving bad buying advice, it appears. I think I'll refrain from making suggestions in the future. (I've, personally, had better luck, but my T1 reboots fairly often when trying to use the dictionary – I just thought that was a T1 issue. If you've had a T1 for a while though, and it hasn't done that, then it's probably NOT normal T1 behavior.)

Now that I've tried Mercari a few times, I'm not that impressed with their seller policies. (My first two buys were great, the other two poor and "meh.") There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to make sellers honor their sales. (Others have complained about this, as well.) You can cancel a sale and get a refund, but it appears the sellers can disregard their sale and list elsewhere. I see a blue Sony PRS-505 (that looks a lot like the one I bought and never received, sale finally cancelled) now listed on Mercari AND eBay simultaneously.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote