Thread: Auto-scroll
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #5
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@JBaby - Pausing auto scroll when entering a new chapter has been a conscious design choice. The idea is for readers to, for lack of a better word, 'feel' that they have transitioned into a new chapter (a pause intended by the author).

I'll consider adding this as an option.

Thanks Kris! I'm sure most people don't have a problem with it. For me though this feature is also an accessibility feature. I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta, brittle bone disease, and while it's a super duper rare occasion it has been in the case in my life when both of my arms have been broken at the same time. Having someone set me up with my iPad, start M3, and start auto-scroll is no biggie. Having them start it at every chapter will become very annoying, very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote