View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I see the flashing as no different than turning the page in a book. It takes a moment and then it's done. I have a K1 and it's as slow as any device might be in that area and I hardly notice it...

I realize some simply can't accept it in the "it's just how it works" category. Others can't not focus on it, but how do these people read books? You have to turn pages, right?

And when I do actually use my K1, I do not even notice the flash/page-turn, I am thinking about what I am reading just as I do when reading a book.

Not asking about this to be inflammatory but rather to understand why it is such a big deal.
If I wanted to watch Hi-Def movies via broadband in 1080p on my e-ink reader, I *might* be rather miffed at the refresh rate. However, as I only desire to read my vast collection of novels, I'm also quite happy with it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote