View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:58 PM   #60
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Well I had another look at the tablet today, after sending back the sd card. My test download from netflix was still there so I must have downloaded that to internal storage, not to card I.e. It was not a like for like test. The io error was immediate from the Amazon video downloads.which made me suspect write permissions. It seemed to give up without really trying!
I spent a long time just now on Amazon reviews and on looking up as card grades and classes. No great insight except that the Samsung evo card, class 10, grade 1, was much cheaper than some of the others. Could be it was simply not up to handling the way Amazon video deliver the downloads. It was quite happy getting my small epub books via calibre companion though.
maybe the video downloads ask to write multiple transmissions, like an internet download manager, accelerator, or maybe they do not wait long enough for the card to send back ok I got that
I could have done more tests, like soft resets, restarts , but it was an easy decision to send it back and live without it, as I have enough internal storage space for now.

Amazon, on the tablet storage screen, say look at amazon.co.uk/firestorage or some such url,for recommended cards, but it's a dead link
I have the same Samsung we card in my Samsung tablet for a year with no issues, though I don't use the Samsung for Amazon video streams or downloads though has it can't do Amazon in hd. I have lots of apps moved to the card though to free up space. Samsung has a lot of bloatware so infrequently run out of space for all updates unless I keep clearing caches and moving them. Every time Google play updates an app on the samsung, it puts it back into internwl storage, so it's an on going maintenance thing. But that is with 16gb. Having 32 internal storage on the fire 10 feels luxurious
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote