View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I ordered one for my Dad for Christmas. He is very non-technical but it sounded easy enough for him to use. I'd like to have it filled with books when I give it to him. I know I can find some good classics here but is there any easy way to convert other formats to imp?
Check out the sticky post Attention: All eBookwise newbies! for what to expect when dealing with this device.

Just to drop some names, it can use Impserve to transfer .imp ebooks to the hardware reader connected with the supplied usb cable. It can use Lit2sb to convert any older .lit ebook directly to .imp ebooks or Mobi2IMP to convert .prc/.mobi/.pdb (unencrypted) ebooks directly to .imp ebooks or PDFRead to convert .pdf/djvu/.cbr/.cbz directly to .imp formats.

All these are available free from Mobileread.com. Just check the IMP software wiki page for more software used with .imp ebooks!

Quote:
If anyone has any good recommendations of the books available here I'd love to hear them. He likes reading about wars, indian wars, frontier times, biographies, and history.

Thanks.

Sheila
Another source of EBW1150 .imp ebooks is www.munseys.com or Project Gutenberg (and PG Australia) using my freeware GuteBook program (see my sig below for a link!).

So you see, I don't think you'll regret this purchase, it's a great value...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote