View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
What version of Word are you using? On what OS? Did you try saving as a PDF from Word? Have you tried any of the print-to-pdf drivers (e.g. CutePDFWriter)? I'm not sure if any of them preserve end-note links. If all else fails, I'd maybe send Adobe a minimal example (reduce the doc size until it produces just one messed up link).
Willus:

The client used Word 2010, as I have (Professional). Both Win7, both 64bit. I am using Acrobat Pro X, he has Acrobat Pro XI. Both are using the built-in functionality of the Acrobat add-in. We've sent it to various associates, who have tried everything from PrimoPDF to the numerous other "blah-blab-PDF" writers. Nothing seems to fix it.

It's extraordinarily peculiar; we're talking about anchor and landing links. Not something like an index, where the location of where the index annotation (in Word) is placed at the top of a given page. These are actual endnote links. I can't envision what in the name of hell is making the landings go progressively further adrift from the actual link. And because of the popularity of that little program out there called "Endnote," searching Google for any type of hint has been fruitless.

Everyone involved in the question and quest for an answer makes books professionally, both in print and digitally, so, yes, we've tried everything that seems even remotely sensible. Unless we plan on holding up the booklaunch by months, I don't see Adobe being that helpful, but I suppose it can't hurt to try.

Thank you.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote