View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
It does make a difference which font, though. Palatino/Book-Antiqua seems to be a lighter font with a smaller relative 'x' height than Georgia, which prints quite dark. Line spacing can also make a big difference on clarity. For example I prefer 9.5pt over 10pt at my current line spacing (0.43cm/12pt) - and to expand the line spacing to make 10pt look good blows out the page count further than I wanted.

It's a touch choice. I like the way it came out at 10.5pt, but I'm worried it will push the price too far out. I can offset some of that by reducing the amount of discount, but if I go too far in that direction it limits who will list the book.
Shop out printers too. I know I saved over 50% by moving off Lulu to Amazon Create Space. I do not know options you have in that space as I think I remember you not being in the USA. I only know the American market space
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote