View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #44
ChaosInc
Enthusiast
ChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: iPaq 3800 series
Since I prefer to work in html, of course I have, filtered and unfiltered, the styles are correct for what he has requested, but he doesn't want to have to go over the html's coding in order to produce the ebook look that he wants.

Another problem is the ebook publisher. They seem to be using a Linux system, opening everything in OO, then applying HTML Tidy, the using Calibre to create the ebooks. They also require a word.doc to start with, so giving them a html of the book is not an option, (I wish, it would look fantastic!) I presume the reason for that is that some authors are using MS-OS and some are using a MAC-OS, and this levels the field of what they need to work on.

Starrigger doesn't want to work with OO either, and keeps trying Word or Sigal to work on it. I have suggested to him for me to check it in OO with Tidy, and see what I can do that way. Have not heard back yet on that.

Also the styles applied use to be normal p was non-indent, while the rest were indent=.25in, he has since changed that due to not liking all the excess coding that creates in a html that does not have a css attached.

As far as the spans are concerned, I would have to go back about a month for surety, but it was pointed it out to me from Starrigger, and it was (don't quote me for absolute truth until I can find that email,) but the older kindle had the problem and one other I believe, it was such a while ago, that I can't remember at the moment. He got that information from another author.
ChaosInc is offline   Reply With Quote