View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Hi OP - the Title and Battery Icon at the top do disappear while reading after a few moments. This is a feature of the latest gen Kindle. I personally like it because I don't need to see these while reading. You can simply press menu if you need to look at it at any time - once you turn the menu off, it disappears again.

You cannot change how this works in any way unless someone has made a hack for it.
It confirms my suspicion, a firmware change! I've preferred leave that as an option, instead of forcing the user, like in Linux boxes, where you can customize almost everything. I find it useful instead of distracting, but maybe saves battery some way, I don't know.

Thanks for clarifying ..
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote