View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
thanks! this helps a lot. Are you able to change font size using this tool?
lrf2lrs creates an LRS file, which is in xml format--that is, you can edit it using a text editor. If you are reasonably confident with xml it is possible to manually edit the xml to change margins and font sizes. You can then use lrs2lrf to convert your edited LRS file back to LRF.

There a number of tools like lrftools which do something similar automatically. They tend to use lrf2lrs and lrs2lrf under the covers. Because they did not do exactly what I wanted I ended up programming my own--this is just a question of writing some code to tweak the xml before calling lrs2lrf to convert back to an LRF.

One thing to note--lrs2lrf is not perfect. The resulting LRF is not exactly the same as the original LRF, even if you do not make any changes to the intermediate LRS file. For example, any page headers are lost by lrs2lrf.

Last edited by ShellShock; 12-30-2008 at 04:30 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote