View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 AM   #15
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaryu View Post
If they intend to use the current platform and domain for this service, its likely that their GeoIP will be configured to detect connections from Japanese IP addresses in order to present the content in an "appropriate" language....
This link (from Rakuten, 0921 CET 19/7/2012)
http://rakuten.kobobooks.com/
takes me to what looks like an exact replica of the standard www.kobo.com presentation but with all the interface elements in Japanese.

Before logging in, all the recommendations are for Spanish publications. (I live in Spain). After logging in using my account linked to a UK debit card, the recommendations change to slightly more plausible choices (ie English titles).

Despite the displayed interface language (JP), I'm unable to locate a single book title in Japanese. Likewise, the language selector at the top of the page still only lists: English, Deutsch, Francais and Nederlands.

I did read somewhere that the launch was scheduled for 1500 JST.

Last edited by kumaryu; 07-19-2012 at 06:21 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote