View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #40
Timboli
Evangelist
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Tell me about it. I swear, Stephen King writes books faster than I read them. Stephen King really is an amazing guy. He writes a book or more a year, every year, even when he was hospitalized, without ghost writers.
Stephen King has never really captured my interest, in part because my interest in Horror based stories is minimal. I do have a few of his works, especially in The Dark Tower series, but with the few bits I have read, his style never grabbed me enough, never sold itself enough.

Not entirely sure why, but could be the psychological element too, which has never appealed to me ... hence you won't find me a fan of The Silence Of The Lambs for instance ... or The Piano ... or The Cell.

Maybe I was spoiled by Michael Moorcock and his fiction ... though the reason may be a leap for some. Some of his work admittedly pretty borderline with me liking, no doubt held up for some kind of tolerance or acceptance, by his other great works ... his cannon being all encompassing in regard to the Eternal Champion ethos.

I am also a huge Robert E. Howard fan.

Perhaps I just need to give Stephen King more of a chance. I do get into (or tolerate) the psychological elements in the stories by Val McDermid and C.J. Box for instance.

I was a big fan of horror movies in my teens to early twenties. I even have a certificate to show I saw the first Friday The 13th movie .... ha ha ha. By my mid twenties though, I lost interest in straight horror, preferring it in a more fantastical or SciFi setting, like the Alien movies ... some Vampire, Werewolf and Zombie are appealing enough too.

Please don't see this as a criticism of those who do like Stephen King or the man himself. To each their own, and he just did not resonate with me ... so far .... never say never.

Last edited by Timboli; 08-28-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote