View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #47
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now that really messes with the 100 book in 2011 challenge. Just like The Count of Monte Cristo did when I read it earlier in the year - really hammered my average (1400+ pages).

Yea, it does slow you down, but the effort for some books is worth it. One I couldn't finish was Les Miserables. It's longer than War and Peace. There was one chapter devoted entirely to the battle of Waterloo. It was 75 pages long in hardback with miniscule text. The only relation to the story was a couple who were robbing corpses of money, jewlery etc in the aftermath of the battle. It would turn out to be Cossete's adopted family that Jan Valjan rescued her from. I said I had enough and put it down. Someday, maybe I'll try again.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote