View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
One option would be to make several copies of this book, and then in Sigil delete in the first copy the chapters that you don't want in be in the first book, then the same in the second, etc. Deleting chapters is easy in Sigil. Right click on the chapter name in the book browser window.
(emphasis mine)

The basic idea is correct. But in case someone becomes confused, while using sigil 0.2.xx, let me amplify that the above applies most readily IF each chapter is in its own file (aka flow) within the epub. Otherwise, if the epub has not been structured in this way, separate chapters won't necessarily appear in the book browser, and you will have to search WITHIN a file to find what part of that file constitutes the chapter to be removed. In that case, in the WYSIWIG view, just block the offending material, and delete it. If you like to work in the code view, you probably don't need my advice anyway

Ideally, each chapter should be in a separate file (IMHO) but sometimes this is not the case. Hence my nit-picking advice above.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote