View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #20
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilron View Post
... the thing is, like steve jobs said, hulu and netflix aren't flash content providers... they're video providers. don't you think they WANT their content on the iPhone and iPad and iPod touches? of course they do. thus i'd be very surprised if we don't see apps from them before 2010 comes to a close. its probably only a matter of time.

youtube uses flash and h.264. you can now watch all videos in either format on youtube....
You may be grossly overestimating the attention major sites pay to the iPhone.

The vast, vast majority of users do NOT use iPhones, or Safari. Nobody in corporate cares, really, and I am afraid they are right.

Adobe is rolling out Mobile Flash 10 for EVERY major mobile platform, but the iPhone. The new version includes hardware acceleration and H.264, and runs much, much better on mobile hardware.

I think the lack of Flash may be what gives Android OS the competitive advantage to kill the iPhone. I say this with sadness, because so far I like the iPhone OS much better than Android.

Oh, and no, there are a ton of Yahoo videos available in Flash only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilron View Post
... i think a lot of developers are seeing the writing on the wall and moving away from flash. the fact is, we're all better off without it. apple knows this. lots of pundits know it too. apple is simply forcing the issue.

besides, probably 75%-90% of the flash i see on the internet every day is advertising i'm not remotely interested in anyway. not a good selling point for consumers if you ask me.
Yeah, well, the reality is, there is no writing on the wall.

Flash use is increasing. Flash has almost 100% penetration. Flash is used for a lot more stuff, than just videos and ads. Stuff which cannot be easily accomplished with HTML5, even if it is adopted by everyone today.

Turn off your browser's plugins, and try visiting something like the Disney site. It sucks, without Flash. And Disney's major shareholder is Jobs....
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote