View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #186
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
"People arriving at Accident and Emergency departments with symptoms which could indicate the aggressive spread of the disease [cancer] are waiting weeks for diagnosis and treatment while “routine” cases are prioritised. "
This is EXACTLY the type of scenario that opponents of government run health care in the US pull out as an example. We hear example after example of Canadians who come to the US at their own expense either for tests that would determine their condition where the wait they expect in Canada (just for the test, not even talking about treatment yet) could cost them their life.

I keep telling myself I need to make another thread on this topic - I'm really curious, all politics and googleable horror stories aside, what is the day to day experience of people who live where the government provides the health care? Harry's post above is the kind of thing I'm interested in.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote