View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #43
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I actually check Kobo now before I buy books but tbh as I'm now retired (due to redundancy) I have to buy at the cheapest price and a lot of the time it's Amazon plus I like Whispersync audiobooks so the majority of my purchases are at Amazon. Since the UK tax law came into place two years ago buying from anyone that's adds the 20% tax onto the ebook price is just too expensive now, and that was ARE. Amazon prices are just lower.
Kobo does tend to be more expensive, but it has a price match guarantee that makes the effective cost about 90% of the competitor's price. They claim they'll process the request in 3 business days, but in the last couple weeks it's been more like 5-6 business days. There's nothing like Whispersync audiobooks, though. The price match is in store credit though, so if you want to price match several books that are only on sale at Amazon, it can mean running up a big credit card bill. I was really disappointed that Open Road Media only had their freebie deal at Amazon, I really prefer epubs.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote