View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 02:34 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reason things recommended by Oprah are so popular is that a most Oprah followers are lemmings and will go out and get whatever it is she thinks is good even if it's not. And they will think they've enjoyed it even it it's not good.

I did download the free MS Reader version of The Tales of Edgar Sawtelle but have not read it because I found out not long after that Oprah recommended it. So it's just sitting on my hard drive unread. Now if Oprah had recommended this book, I might have started it. But as I am not a lemming or an Oprah fan, I probably never will read it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote