View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #23742
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Dad just got nailed by an email phishing attempt. They simulated an (outrageously expensive) Itunes purchase that he never made, and gave him a carefully crafted address that looked like Itunes to dispute it. He went there, was prompted to give them his financial data, etc. -- which he did.

He realized something was wrong as soon as he did it, touched base with me and one of my brothers (his IT department).

Anyway, he's been spending his afternoon making phone calls. His old credit card has now been canceled, new one on the way, he removed his billing info from his Itunes account, etc. It's going to be a pain in the butt.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he caught everything in time.

Just yesterday I posted this on Facebook as a warning to my own family:

Quote:
I just got a letter from Paypal stating that my account has been limited ("Case Number: Complaint-176-534-356") and they need some additional information from me restore my eBay & PayPal accounts access. OH! And BTW: They spelled PayPal wrong. It's NOT PayPall.

Watch out for the phishes, my friends!
Of course the email contained a link (that I wasn't about to click on).

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote