View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Reuther View Post
I thought I was clear, but in any case, yes, I can convert to mobi and upload and the fonts are still stripped. (Verified present after conversion via Previewer/Calibre, verified stripped after KDP.)

The font faces are declared in the core-styles.css which is referenced by the html. They are right up at the top. They are not type 1s (I tossed a type one out, actually), and it does not matter if I use open type or true type as the results are the same (fonts stripped)... (I must note that I have alternating read posts by people who swear by one or the other, do you have a suggested type? converting is not a huge issue, after all.) All told I've tried about 10 fonts, multiple file formats of many of them, and none of survived.

If you have a suggested font format (otf/ttf) I will certainly go from there as I continue to try and troubleshoot. But the Kindle Previewer does not throw a single warning on the fonts I'm working with currently, so I am at a loss as to why they're not making it through KDP. :/

I even tried specifying a body font on the off chance that KDP was requiring one before allowing header/display fonts to be used, but that didn't work.

I am literally open to any suggestions or tips.

Thanks a ton for replying!

(P.S. I realized I missed answering one question. The fonts are in the manifest, of course.)
Matt(hew):

The only thing I see, at all--and of course, none of us are looking at the actual ePUB--is that after your font calls, you don't have the actual type declaration, e.g.:

Code:
	src:url("../Fonts/OratorStd.otf") format("opentype");
...as the last line in the CSS for each font. The format () part. And not to be a pain, but can you give us how you manifested them? I don't see anything overtly incorrect with your coding, and we use embedded fonts in mobis all the time. I mean, ALL the time, for title pages, chapter heads, etc.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote