View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #15
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I've always been a reader. I was taught to read very early, around 2. My mother would read to me at bed time, and my parents read. There were always books in the house.

At the time, it was unusual for children to be able to read before kindergarten. In Kindergarten, we were given picture books with no words. The idea was to teach us the idea of telling stories on paper, we didn't learn reading until first grade. I was confused at this because I could read.

I had these "Tell Me Why" books that I loved. They covered a pretty wide range of knowledge, and I would read them over and over. I found them again in piles of stuff, they are really dated and sometimes pretty inaccurate, but I still learned a lot from them.

The nearest bookstore was 60 miles away so I read whatever the small library the school had, and I always looked forward to bookmobile day. One of my favorite parts of the school year was when we ordered the Scholastic books.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote