View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #65
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Here it is. (I've also enabled "Issues" tab for repository. Maybe it will be useful for workflow in some future.)
Looks good. I'll update it when it makes sense... The folder structure also looks good.

Quote:
Look for them in /opt/amazon/low_level_screens.
Are you sure that these are ever displayed? On my Kindle, this is displayed in german after translating blanket.mo and setting the locale. Maybe they are just fallback screens. I don't have the device around so can't look at other screens, but I would assume them to never be used. (Will check when I get home if there is any screen containing strings I haven't encountered)

Quote:
Oh, s! I have only one idea: take the same approach as for JavaScript files. JAD results looks not tough to parse.

(Though even better would be to deal with and change original bytecode.)
You're right. Actually the jad "parsing" my previous tool did obviously missed quite a few things, so I was thinking about rewriting it in Java, running through the class definitions directly. This may also be useful for such a project (the parsing part is exactly the same; there's only the "modification" part to add). I have stumbled upon some Java libs for manipulating class code before (don't remember them right now), but that may be the way to go.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote