View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #64
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Not a bad idea. Would you set up a skeleton for it?
Here it is. (I've also enabled "Issues" tab for repository. Maybe it will be useful for workflow in some future.)

Quote:
This is a misunderstanding
The pre_ and post_ things are NOT there in the original files, but rather were already factored out by me when I thought we'd have to translate stuff manually. The file in the last zip actually IS the original ;-) -- should've made this clearer though.
Ha-ha Nice. OK, have no time to talk, now I need to solve another nonexistent problem.

Quote:
Agreed, with one minor suggestion. Remove the intermittent "locales", IMO it is superfluous. I guess that a directory containing "original","en_US","de_DE" etc. is easier (and 'original' cannot be confused with a locale anyway).
You are right. How about it:

Code:
src/5.0.0/pillow
  original/
    strings/
      wifi_wizard_dialog_strings.js
      wifi_wizard_dialog_strings.tjs
  en_US/
    strings/
      wifi_wizard_dialog_strings.properties
  de_DE/
    strings/
      wifi_wizard_dialog_strings.properties
Code:
src/5.0.0/waf
  original/
    browser/
      js/
        strings.tjs
        strings.js
    store/
      strings/
        strings.tjs
        strings.js
  en_US/
    browser/
      js/
        strings.properties
    store/
      strings/
        strings.properties
Quote:
Yeah, that certainly is yet another problem, but I suggest to leave it for later. We have anough other things to do at the moment... BTW, which png files do you mean? Can you give an example?
Look for them in /opt/amazon/low_level_screens.

Quote:
If figured out a much more serious problem yesterday. You may have realized that I created two new resources on transifex. For some obscure reason, these files had not been found by my extraction tools, and I manually created the properties files. Now, there is *at least* one further resource: com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/ReaderResources.class in opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl.jar
This one contains many resources as well. The real problem is that the resource (which is a ListResourceBundle) also contains ARRAYS of Strings which need to be translated. PropertyResourceBundle doesn't support arrays, though. So in the end, in order to properly translate these, we MUST create a ListResourceBundle class instead of a flat properties file.

Any ideas?!
Oh, s! I have only one idea: take the same approach as for JavaScript files. JAD results looks not tough to parse.

(Though even better would be to deal with and change original bytecode.)

Last edited by eureka; 01-03-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: fix a link to image
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote