View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Probably! But we'll see how I adjust to a smaller screen.

How is your comparison of the nook vs. opus going?
I love them both for different reasons

The Opus is really a fantastic portable reader with lots of memory for those who have large collections. It's instant-on, battery life and ability to organize beat the Nook hands-down. If it was $100 or less, I think Bookeen would sell a lot of them. I got mine used, but I would never have paid full price.

The Nook has new, spiffy features like connectivity and color covers, for a fair price. But its battery life and inability to organize ANY of your collection is a major weakness for anyone who has a large library or likes to re-read (like me). And I personally think it weighs too much for in-hand reading - I only use it with an easel case.

Unfortunately for the Opus, I already have a portable reader - my iPhone. Depending on how B&N handles my button cracking issue, I'll probably sell the Opus and keep the Nook (relying on Calibre to store my collection) until someone comes out with a device with both their strengths.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote