View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #129
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, there are still lots of PRS-500 being sold at retailers, i.e. Borders. In two Borders superstores closest to my house they had several PRS-500 units, and only one of the two stores had PRS-505 in stock (and only silver).

At some point the unsold stock is probably going to end up at Sony, chances are it will be sold at Sony Rewards. I kind of feel that Sony Rewards is a clearing house for the Sony goods, which they need to get moving. It used to be more so. That's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to sell the PRS-505 via Sony Rewards - eventually, but not right now, while they are going hot.

Hopefully the customer service will help sort out the promotional orders that all of a sudden became unavailable. Perhaps they will let you buy a unit at Borders, and rebate the difference?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote