View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Getting back to the Windows waiting spinny cursor, with Sigil 1.42 I've managed to reproduce it multiple times using the Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm tool.

Basically, it's an epub 3 ebook where most of the xhtml files start with:

Code:
<html><head>
though rather oddly about 13 of the 37 xhtml files do have the xml and doctype lines.

After I click OK on the "Are you sure you want to restructure this epub?" popup, I get a Restructure cancelled: part00xx.xhtml, XML not well formed. After I click OK on that popup, the spinny cursor remains until I close Sigil. Oddly, when I close the epub without saving changes, the part00xx.xhtml is not the same each time I was running this test.

Running Mend and Prettify adds the xml and doctype lines which fixes the issue. I do not have Mend Not Well Formed HTML enabled for Open or Save.

Again an annoyance not a show stopper.