View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@_twoflower_: I've only seen that error in two cases. One is when the database is corrupted, and the other was when some people tried to fake the registration and the faking wasn't compatible with the firmware version.

It sounds like the database. My usual instructions are to either restore a backup if you have one, or, sign out of the Kobo account on the device. The latter should fix this problem. It recreates the database when you sign in again. But, it does mean you lose the reading status and any annotations for sideloaded books.

You can check the database when the device is connected to a PC. Any SQLite database manager will have function to do this, or you can run the appropriate command (which escapes me at the moment). Doing that before the sign out will prove whether it is a database issues.

If this is continuously happening, then it could be something you are doing (such as not ejecting properly), something you have added to the device (a version of KSM would cause problems) or it could be a hardware fault.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote