View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #15591
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Lory S. Kaufman & Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I finished reading both Third Shift - Pact and the second Nancy Drew Mystery, The Hidden Staircase. Hugh Howey's new addition to the silo saga was really really first rate, as always. Now on to Jeffrey Deaver's, The Bone Collector since quite a few posters really seemed to like it a lot and the fifth Nancy Drew Mystery, The Secret of Shadow Ranch (out-of-sequence because I just read 3 and 4 [also out-of-sequence]).
Well finished up the Nancy Drew Mystery, The Secret of Shadow Ranch and also Jeffrey Deaver's, The Bone Collector and enjoyed them both a lot! Next I'm going to give Lory S. Kaufman's SciFi YA novel, The Lens and the Looker a try and I'm also reading the sixth Nancy Drew Mystery, The Secret of Red Gate Farm.

Quote:
The Lens and the Looker. It’s the 24th century and humans, with the help of artificial intelligences (A.I.s), have finally created an almost perfect “post-dystopian” society.

To make equally perfect citizens for this world, the elders have created History Camps, full-sized recreations of cities from Earth’s distant pasts. Here teens live the way their ancestors did, doing the same dirty jobs and experiencing the same degradations. History Camps teach youths not to repeat the mistakes that almost caused the planet to die. But not everything goes to plan.

In this first book of the Verona Trilogy, we meet three spoiled teens in the year 2347. Hansum, almost 17, is good-looking and athletic. Shamira, 15, is sassy, independent and an artistic genius. Lincoln, 14, is the smart-aleck, whose wisecracking hides deep insecurities.

The three “hard cases” refuse the valuable lessons History Camps teach. But when they are kidnapped and taken back in time to 1347 Verona, Italy, they only have two choices: adapt to the harsh medieval ways or die.

The dangers are many, their enemies are powerful, and safety is a long way away. It’s hardly the ideal environment to fall in love – but that’s exactly what happens. In an attempt to survive, the trio risks introducing technology from the future. It could save them – or it could change history.
Quote:
In The Secret of Red Gate Farm. Solving crime never takes a vacation! While off on a summer visit to Red Gate Farm, Nancy becomes suspicious of a secret society gathering near the ranch. Her curiosity gets the best of her and she is drawn to investigate. Despite the risks to her own safety, the pretty titian-haired detective remains undaunted in her determination to solve the mystery.

Last edited by alansplace; 02-09-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: add info
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote