View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 AM   #13
newman
homo viator
newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXi with 3.4.2 firmware, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You would need to make a file of all zeros first:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/us/swapfile bs=1M count=64
mkswap /mnt/us/swapfile
swapon /mnt/us/swapfile
With substitutions for 'count' and name of 'swapfile' as desired.
@knc1, eschwartz: Looking at my Kindle there's no swapon command, so even if you created image by dd on your computer and formatted it to SWAP via mkswap (which is also missing from my setup), you won't have a way to activate it. One may build mkswap and swapon from util-linux or busybox but I am not sure kernel supports swap since it was not originally intended to have it on board.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote