View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Catalina? Is this a MAC OS?

Is the plugin from the index of plugins here at MR? Then you might try:Preferences: Get plugins: <select from Not installed (or Installed, if you are updating) list
Yeah, Catalina is MacOS ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC0207 View Post
. . .

I am using the current Catalina beta and wonder if this is why I am having issues.

. . .
It is highly improbable that it is anything to do with the plugin itself.

If you're trying to install the plugin via the Load plugin from file option you're already doing a manual install - it is looking for a 'zip' file, don't unpack the download, and do whatever it takes to prevent MacOS unpacking it.

If it's a plugin from here (Index of plugins) try installing it via the Get new plugins option.

Otherwise it sounds like Apple have changed something in the their 'file and folder routines', probably in the 'zip' handler -- again Ψ³

I suggest you reinstall the previous version of MacOS. If you want to play with the Catalina beta, do it in a Virtual Machine - assuming one can still do that on a Mac.

It has been decades since I saw a change in any OS that would tempt me to install the beta version. At best it's: "Oh, that'll be nice if/when it ever turns up." I don't install a new version of Windows until 60 days after it ready for enterprise deployment, which is usually about 4-5 months after consumer release and that long again since first beta.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-14-2019 at 07:56 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote