View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:52 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lLenovo Yoya tab plus , fire HD10 HDX8.9,
it has been very many years since i used XP but can it be started in a safe mode - with norton and Acronis not running ?
if so, try it and see if calibre add books works in safe mode. that will be a useful clue

i second the observation that they are borderline malware. consider permanently removing them anyway. if you are bothered about security you should not be using something as unsafe as XP to start with
and , repeating myself from post #6, you removed and replaced calibre but that does not remove the calibre config data, so if that's where the problem is, it is still there
. you need to remove everything, and then start over.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote