View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #368
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi there,

I love this plugin and use it for a lot more than importing a list. I use it to update my libraries by importing the goodreads_libary_export.csv file as well as other .csv Calibre catalogs from other libraries.

I have come across a few problems I was hoping to address here.

1. Dropping the leading articles and the "the", "and", "to", and other symbols in book titles generally cause the books not to match in the library. I have my tweaks set to "strictly alphabetic" and I noticed that this causes problems when the "The" is dropped from titles. I understand not matching up verbage between parentheses but dropping those other symbols, conjunctions and leading articles more often than not causes me to have to manually match the book. Also, the plugin drops the "." in author names. I wish it wouldn't.

2. The gui for matching books and updating metadata often drops the column names for many tag or long text columns. Also, it is often impossible to see those columns from their boundary lines adjacent to other columns (the "beginning" of the columns generally cut from where it should be at the line to maybe an inch past). They are shown partway through the left boundary, but if I scroll left to see if I can move to the beginning, the view jumps to the next column. Not sure if this makes sense, but moving the column widths and trying to move the adjacent columns doesn't help. I can attach a screenshot if that helps.

Request:

Being able to save the manually matched books so that in other imports the plugin recognizes a match that it would normally not make. Being able to move the columns withing the gui so that they fall in a desired order. Usually that order has the columns from the list line up next to the columns from my library so I can compare the two columns side by side. I do this with the date columns.

Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote