View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 11:44 AM   #40
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I had to think about this,but I'm guessing the animated newspapers from the movies?
Uh...you mean the Daily Prophet? I guess maybe that's what Quoth meant.

I don't have some significant objection to ePUB3.3 or 3.0 or 3. whatever; I am not wild about multimedia, I admit it. But the two are not inextricable and the multimedia doesn't supplant/replace the usable bits.

And in the past decade, let's face it, all the doom and gloom about the Daily Prophet ebooks has pretty much come to naught.

Come on, admit it, boys, we all, all remember the "Immersedition" disaster, right? The closest, thus far, to the Prophet? It burst upon the scene with a fanfare of trumpets and then died a terrible, horrible death. (I still have that thing, FWIW.)

I honestly only get maybe...IDK, 2-3 total requests for embedding a link to a video or a song per year now. That's hardly taking over the market. Out of hundreds of eBooks each year. That's a pretty negligible percentage, kiddos.

[shrug].

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote