View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #3
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
How does a kindle ereader calculate "Time left in chapter"? For me, the stated time is always wrong. It always gives a time which is too short. I've timed this several times and found it takes me far longer to read a chapter than the kindle has estimated.

Does it use an average?
Does it include the times I rifle through a book, looking ahead for information?
How does it cope with instances like putting the kindle aside to "powder my nose"?

I'm sure that the answer is very complex; I'm mathematically challenged, so please keep answers as simple as possible.
my basic kindle touch does exactly the same thing it under estimates the time left in the chapter. which is why i wish it had pages left in the chapter as an option but sadly it doesn't.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote