View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 05:32 AM   #572
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookiebabe View Post
Oh yay! Lurrve a good chomp-series.

Under absolutely must-read brilliantly twisted and snide: Diana Rowland's "White Trash Zombie" series... truly fun, crazy entertaining, and I'd be amazed if anyone who reads doesn't adore the main character.

I really dug Susan Dennard's "Something Strange & Deadly" series, too. Hic Fic zombies? Yes, please!

One of my alltime fave zombie series.... 'Benny Imura' series by Jonathan Maberry. Rot & Ruin, Dust & Decay, etc. BRILLIANTLY done, and truly thought provoking. I love Jon Mayberry's character development. Loved his "Pine Deep' series, too.

Also really loved the characters in Rhainnon Frater's 'As the World Dies series. I was a little hesitant to get the series, as it began as an internet thing, I think, so I assumed it would be rather poorly written schlock... Glad I got over my preconceptions,or I'd have missed out. Was very well done, and I think a pretty realistic depiction of what would happen if the dead really decided to go for a shamble in the real world.

Gail Carriger's 'Parasol Protectorate aka Alexis Tarabotti' series is rather entertaining.. loved the flair of steampunk wrought throughout. As far as creatures, doesn't feature only zombies, but there are some big-fun zombie characters in midst of a whole slew of monsters in a rather riotous Londony historical fiction setting. Total fun. "Emma" on hallucinogens basically.

Tipping in at one of my fave zombie romps, ever... Isaac Marion's 'Warm Bodies'. Just adore everything about this novel, author's voice in general. Yay, Isaac! Movie was rather well done, too.

Cherie Priest's 'Clockwork Century' is a great series if you're a fan of steampunkery w zombie flair.... GORGEOUS worldbuilding! Old west! Walking Dead! Mecha-creations! Yum!

There's a huge slew of others, but I tried to aim for some less common ones, in hopes of giving you some new selections.

Happy reading!
Rachel
Thanks Rachel. Apart from Diana Rowland's "White Trash Zombie" series (I concur with your views on this, and am impatiently awaiting the next in the series), I haven't read any of these. Food (braaaaaiiiinnnnsssss) for thought indeed.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote