View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rchid View Post
I have a kobo glo, and it'd be fantastic if I can see which books are put under which "Collections" at a glance.

I've had to sign out my account due to a corrupt database and now that I've signed back in, all the titles for my collections are restored but none of my books are under any of them, which means I'll have to go through re-classifying them one by one. I know I can sort off-loaded books with Calibre but not all my books are on it, and there's no way of telling which ones aren't.
In calibre, the "Device list" should show all the books on the device. Anything with a tick in the first column matches a book in your calibre library. The collections column in the list will display the current collections the books are in for all books.

Personally, I add all my books to calibre, no matter what the source. For books purchased from Kobo, download the epub version and add them. These then match to the copies downloaded directly to the device. If you don't want the copies in two places, you can also add the book as an empty book in calibre. This is just recording the metadata of the book without a format. Doing either of these will allow you to use calibre to manage the collections for all books on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote