View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
If I might be as bold as to comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The first three photos were taken in as close to identical lighting and angle conditions as I could manage (as I explained in the fifth paragraph)
Personally I do not own a reader device nor have I held one in my hands (they do not sell them in Argentina) but I am an avid reader of this forum for I intend getting one before March (by means yet to be given disclosure :P).

Keeping that in mind, there is one thing that I will say and that is that I believe I understand what seems to be the problem here. From what I've read the 700 screen has glare and requires a more.. let's say "conscious" approach on the user's part to avoid being affected by it; if we don't forget about that "fact" (and I use the word loosely as I have no first person experience with the device) I think it's safe to say that we can't expect there to exist " identical lighting and angle conditions", for the reading angle of one will greatly differ from the other.

I'm not saying the 700 screen is as crisp as the 5xxs one but I believe it is an important item to bear in mind when taking pictures. After all, if one requires the user to have it tilted at -insert angle here- and the other uses a different one, clearly a comparison keeping "angling" constant won't be as faithful to the real deal as it otherwise might.

Just my two cents... good review btw
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote