View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:06 AM   #140
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I think I've managed to reverse the damage pretty easily actually... I grabbed a copy of XML Notepad from Microsoft and edited my cache.xml files on the reader and memory card, removing each erroneous "playlist" entry. If anyone else has this problem and comes here, that's what I'd recommend doing - then either setting Calibre not to redo it, or downgrading.
Another way to do it is to use 0.7.5's collections editor. Available through right-clicking on the collections column, it can rename and delete collections for all books on the current memory section of the device (main memory or a card). There is more information in the post that dwanthny referred to, and in the calibre FAQ.

Of course, to use this feature you must upgrade, something you might not be willing to do.

Another note: if you want calibre not to make collections from the books' metadata, be sure to clear the 'list of metadata fields to turn into collections' (preferences -> plugins -> devices -> sony driver -> customize) *before* you plug in the device. Calibre believes that setting, and if it detects that its metadata cache is out of date, it will add missing metadata-derived collections.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote