View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #139
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I really appreciate all the work being put into Calibre for free, with seemingly tireless work being put into new features and devices, but what just happened was nearly calamitous.
First welcome to MobileRead.

I'm a little confused by your timing. You waited until the conflict has been corrected (0.7.5 check this thread) to sign up and voice your opinion?

Fortunately folks who were using calibre and manually editing their collections were a very small minority.

What you experienced as being nearly calamitous is why I have always managed my collections through calibre. There have been (very rare) occasions when my 505 has crashed, rebooted and wiped out my collections. Using calibre it only took minutes to restore things back to the way they were to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I'm going to stick to 0.6.55 until a feature I can't live without gets added because I can't justify this kind of risk regularly.
I agree with this statement, as a matter of course you should only upgrade when there is a compelling reason. Either correcting a bug you can't live with or having a new feature you can't live without.

The biggest risk when upgrading is always between major versions, in this case from 0.6.X to 0.7.X. So if someone is risk adverse they should avoid any major version step for a month or so until satisfied with forum reports.

What is amazing is the fact that I forget that calibre is only at 0.7.5 and not yet up to version 1. Calibre is a work in progress that is ever changing and this last jump in features was a big one.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-25-2010 at 11:40 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote