View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #10
marst
Connoisseur
marst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma; Android tablet w/Mantano Reader
Re: "...supports 17 file formats and offers a ton of customization tools for reading. So you can enjoy ebooks in your favorite layout without conversion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I read that quote as talking about customization tools - font, margin, and so on - and not conversion tools. I have a Note Air 2. NeoReader has no conversion tools that can convert from one eBook format to another. It has a good number of tools to customize how the text looks on the display.
I see what you mean—I gave "customization" more weight than it deserved. :-) Then I suppose my question changes to: when they say without conversion, what might they be referring to?

Now I see your follow-up comment in which you say there doesn't seem to be any alignment-related formatting possible in Neoreader. If there isn't, that's... that's just weird. The few videos I've seen that pertain to Neoreader mention some typographic controls that other e-reader programs lack...I wonder why they'd omit that one. Several e-reading apps I've used up to now do have alignment controls—and they work (most of the time).

This is why I used the program "calibre" in the past—to get past the DRM problems and be able to edit the CSS files, fixing some publishers' poor decisions w.r.t. certain hard-coded formatting.
marst is offline   Reply With Quote