View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #11
meghane_e
Connoisseur
meghane_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Guess it's not as straight-forward an operation as I was hoping. Basically, I've ended up with several "backup" copies of my Libraries on multiple drives and have had a couple of hardware failures over the years, etc. The result is there are several thousand overlapping entries but there are also a number of no-longer available books (due to publisher closures) that slipped through the cracks.

@BetterRed: Sorry, I should have used italics for column instead of #.

@theducks: I'll checkout the Find Duplicate plugin functionality you suggested.

@caplink: After that, you can manually merge the books group by group ... Any thing going wrong is totally your responsibility. Also note that this merges all duplicate groups, so you have to weed out the groups (By marking them as exempt) you do not want merged before using the export feature.

This might have some potential. But I'll poke around first before I come back to bug you with it. Appreciate it!

I know enough Python and some Template language to try cooking my own, but it will take me some time to figure out what's involved and where the code needs to go. So it will be another couple of weeks before I feel prepared enough to ask for more specific help. Inspiration is, of course, welcome. *sigh*

Either that or I'll have finished it manually! LOL
Thanks again, everyone!

Last edited by meghane_e; 04-17-2021 at 05:33 PM. Reason: punctuation
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote