View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #11
MrTeatime
Connoisseur
MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Actually, I have a query re: digitization: when e.g. Hemingway becomes public domain, could I scan and OCR any published edition of his works, or do the publishers tack on their own copyright claim at the time of publication? i.e. could I just buy and scan this edition (from 1998), or are there complications that mean that I would I have to dig up an edition published in Hemingway's lifetime?

Edit:

I'm assuming annotations etc are copyright the publisher/ editors, but what about emendations, etc? Ulysses, for example, has several variants floating around, some of which were put together (from Joyce's original manuscripts) in the 1960s.

Last edited by MrTeatime; 12-26-2011 at 04:27 AM.
MrTeatime is offline   Reply With Quote