View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Unless you look into it very closely, it's safest to assume that the copyright length in your own country is the one that applies to your use of works.
Ok. I'll have to look closer. However, in U.S. a lot used to depend from the date of publication. If the book was never published here, then it could not be renewed under prior U.S. copyright law, ergo, it should be in public domain if it's in the public domain in the country of publication. Given that common sense does not apply to copyright law, I would guess that my seat-of-the-pants analysis is wrong
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote