View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #10
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
CSS nickel patch

Those patchs moved from libnickel.so.1.0.0 to nickel have been compressed CSS string.

With this tool CSS styles modifications inside nickel, you can change css styles located inside nickel file.
Thanks to pipcat, python 2.

Instructions:
  1. Download version v04 CSS modifications nickel, make folder on your PC, and extrat the files to it.
  2. Read the file "Read Me" for more understanding how it works.
  3. Download the Kobo firmware archive version from here.
  4. Extrcat the "nickel" file from the Kobo firmware
    kobo-update-4.x.xxxx.zip\koboroot.tgz\usr\local\kobo\nickel, to the folder.
  5. Execute python extract.py (Windows users can use this bat file extract.bat), it will make "nickel-extracted.css" file with streams (in 4.0.7523 you have 142 streams, 101 compressed (zilb), 41 no-compressed (nozilb)).
  6. Copy the file the nickel-modified.css (attatch file) to the folder and, detete patches you don't want, and save.
  7. Execute python patch.py to create a nickel-modif (Windows users can use this bat file patch.bat), check if you get OK and no errors.
  8. Use makepatch program to create a patch (nickel=oldfile, nickel-modif=newfile).

Patches:

Changing the info panel in full size screensaver

Dictionary frame size (there is no need fore the file nickel.patch)

Increase The Books Cover Size In The Library

Increasing The View Details Container

* USE THOSE PATCHES AT YOUR OWN RISK!
* I only have kobo glo so i don't know how it works on other devices specialy on Aura One.
* I didn't try those pathces because i didn't upgrade to FW 4.0.7523.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-modified-4.0.7523.zip (2.8 KB, 533 views)

Last edited by oren64; 10-01-2016 at 01:45 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote