View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As you can see, Kobo have released firmware version 4.0.7523. While the Mark 6 package has been released, I am pretty sure it is only being released for the Aura One and possibly the Kobo Aura Edition 2. Something will eventually come to the other devices, but I have no idea when.

From the beta firmware versions, the changes I know about are:
  • Support for the two new devices.
  • Overdrive support. But this is only for the Aura One. I have no knowledge about if this will ever be released on the other devices. Also, I have not seen this in action.
  • The library and syncing has been updated to take advantage of changes on the server.
  • The "Previews" list has been removed.
  • The library "show" filters has been extended. "Purchase", "Previews" and "Imported". These will only show if you have a book in that category. "Imported" books are sideoaded books. I believe there are extra options for books from Overdrive, but I have not seen them.
  • The options to not show the covers and hide non-download books have been removed. They might come back.
  • The French dictionary can now be searched. There was also a change in the French dictionary supplier a onth or so ago. That should already have been sent to devices that have synced.
  • "Date added" sort removed from the collection list.
  • The style of the sliders has been changed.
  • On the home screen, the books are access by pressing "Read" instead of "Library". The menu has "Books", "Collections" and "Articles from Pocket".
  • Changed whatever it was that tripped up the Win10 Anniversary Edition. This isn't that important as MS fixed it as well, but maybe they have just postponed the change.
  • Light popup adjustment steps changed. From 0 to 5%, the steps are 1%. Above this, they are 5%.
  • The finished state of purchased kepubs is synced between devices correctly.

To stop a few questions:
  • Nothing has changed with handling PDFs.
  • Nothing has changed with handling ePubs.
  • Nothing has changed with handling kepubs.

Disclaimer: The above is from my testing of the beta firmware. It is based on my notes made during the testing and my memory. Most of my testing is based on how I use the device. I have no doubt I have missed things. If I remember them later, I'll add them.

Calibre was updated last week to support the Aura One and the Aura Edition 2. But, I was being cautious, I deliberately didn't update the supported firmware version. I did update the supported firmware to 3.20 for this week. I took a guess and got the version number wrong. I will update the version number again, but in the meantime, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware version" option in the KoboTouch driver.

Last edited by davidfor; 09-12-2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added finished state is synced correctly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote